Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Got something to share?  Need to know how to make a character, stage, etc in M.U.G.E.N?  Check out the wiki at http://elecbyte.com/wiki

Author Topic: M. U. G. E. N. RC9 100 or V.1.0: ScreenPack Requests?  (Read 3675 times)

GuRu Asaki

• Community Member
    • View Profile
M. U. G. E. N. RC9 100 or V.1.0: ScreenPack Requests?
« on: February 28, 2011, 07:52:06 am »

May I request,

A decent screenpack, one thats decent, & yet not alot of people use it,
one thats 1920x1080 Support, uses about around 400 characters on it's Roster,
has decent quality sprites, & compatible with the most recent version of M. U. G. E. N.?

My Monitor does not support any other Screen Pack, which is why i'm requesting this,
even HD ones look bad, not just the Hi-Res WinMUGEN ones, but they all look bad,
due to the screen stretching is off, heh...

Plz, help... Even without a Select Screen i'll be fine with whatever can be done,
I would like to make my own, it's just i'm still learning, & don't know the 1.0 Code, yet...

Byakko

• Community Member
    • View Profile
Re: M. U. G. E. N. RC9 100 or V.1.0: ScreenPack Requests?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 09:20:13 am »

This section is to request features for the engine itself, not to request content like a screenpack. There is no section on this forum for this type of request.

GuRu Asaki

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 04:07:41 pm »

Really? Awwwee, & here I was hoping to get a remake of MUGEN1 in 1080P form, & I am now saddened by dissapointment, :(

[Edited] Oky, well howabout this, then?

What if I requested the code for (MUGEN 1.1, or 1.0 RC 9 or RC 10, whichever comes first),
that makes up the screen size for MUGEN, or whatever... Local Coord, can't possibly be the only code
used to create the screen size, can it? I know the System.def file must be in it's original format, &
MUGEN.cfg is the one needed to be modified, however what else am I missing, what else do I need ta
change to make my MUGEN look right in the newest released MUGEN Program, for diffrent size monitors?

Am I at least able to request that?

P. S.: This does not pertain to anything related to source code, in case that popped into your head, just the coding in the text files... [/Edited]
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 04:19:13 pm by GuRu Asaki »

Lasombra Demon

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:00 am »

Wrong section. Wrong forum. Go somewhere else.
3. Elecbyte will make Elecbyte's own company? Which you choose agree or disagree?

GaS

• Community Member
  • PaintZoom!!
    • View Profile
    • my DA account
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 09:46:31 pm »

kajkaja

Josue

• Community Member
  • Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.
    • View Profile
    • akkuis1173: My Site
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 07:44:03 am »

Maybe yes, maybe no. He's asking for a full HD version of the MUGEN1 Screenpack/motif which is the default screenpack Elecbyte created for MUGEN.

Really? Awwwee, & here I was hoping to get a remake of MUGEN1 in 1080P form, & I am now saddened by dissapointment, :(

[Edited] Oky, well howabout this, then?

What if I requested the code for (MUGEN 1.1, or 1.0 RC 9 or RC 10, whichever comes first),
that makes up the screen size for MUGEN, or whatever... Local Coord, can't possibly be the only code
used to create the screen size, can it? I know the System.def file must be in it's original format, &
MUGEN.cfg is the one needed to be modified, however what else am I missing, what else do I need ta
change to make my MUGEN look right in the newest released MUGEN Program, for diffrent size monitors?

Am I at least able to request that?

P. S.: This does not pertain to anything related to source code, in case that popped into your head, just the coding in the text files... [/Edited]

Dude, what do you want? the current screenpack is High res 16:9, if you want other High res screenpacks you can search for them if anyone has created them! DJ-VAN has created EVE Battle HD, which is a 16:9 version of his Everything Vs Everything (EVE) Screenpack!
This is DJ-VAN's thread, you can download his screenpack there! http://elecbyte.com/forum/index.php?topic=118.0

Want source code of the MUGEN1 Screenpack? After you decompress MUGEN, go to the Data folder, it's right there. However since it's in the new SFFv2 format, I'm afraid you won't be able to use the old tools like FFClassic to see/edit the sprites though.

And who said no changes should be made to System.def? If you know what you're doing you can install another screenpack without deleting/overwriting the old one, and just switch it in System.def! Also, MUGEN.CFG has changed a couple of versions ago, you can't just copy your old WinMUGEN's (Or older RC MUGEN) one and paste it over the new MUGEN 1.0, you must manually (carefully) edit it.

Also, RC stands for Release Candidate, MUGEN 1.0 was already released so the latest one is simply MUGEN 1.0.
MUGEN 1.1 will come soon. (how long is soon? I don't know, last time it was 10 years. Just kidding. It's just that we don't know when.)

My Monitor does not support any other Screen Pack, which is why i'm requesting this,
even HD ones look bad[...]
That's weird! I mean... no, it's not possible, unless... how big is your monitor? 55'' or something? I have a 18.5'' widescreen monitor,

and just by tweaking MUGEN.cfg, adjusting the monitor to display black bars instead of stretching non widescreen full screen resolutions and that's it, everything looks fine! And that's for 640x480 screenpacks! In my other folder I use DJ-VAN's EVE with no trouble either!

Why don't you post screen shots of what looks so horrybly wrong for you?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 08:55:03 am by Josue »

GuRu Asaki

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 08:05:17 am »

I have a 1920x1080 Size Monitor... But I use that for my T. V. half the time, my other monitor is 1680x1050...

I want to make my ScreenPacks for 1920x1080 to work on my bigger Monitor, but when I downscale them to work on my smaller monitor, while I watch T. V., I can't play the game, because everything becomes all messed up, & the everything is just all jumbled around...

I modified the MUGEN.cfg under localcoord to say 1680x1050, but thats what I see when I change it...

When I change it back to localcoord = 1920x1080, it looks much better...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The biggest Problem is, it's the same way with the 720P ScreenPacks, too... trying to put them on my 1080P Monitor, they don't look right at all...

Frederika Bernkastel~

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 11:38:18 am »

MY fix is to run mugen windowed, I always use clean wallpapers so they don't get in the way.