Elecbyte Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to the Official Elecbyte Forum!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat for Mugen 1.0  (Read 15110 times)

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
Re: Mortal Kombat for Mugen 1.0
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2011, 06:23:38 am »

This looks good and for the new system the hard work really shows. I am glad to see more Mk projects out here, MK was dying for awhile now and has been unpopular for a long time since MK5-8. Do not apologize for delaying progress; great stuff takes time and this is a hobby for us nocturnal people :P

Reptile looks awesome, his colors are really nice ;)

Looking forward to more and I am anxious to see that new character  :o

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • Scratchers MK Mugen Project
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 09:47:33 am »

Thank you AxKeeper  :)

Right now I am still implementing the new bloodsystem to all characters. It takes some time, since I have to delete the old sprites, animations and scripts, add in the new ones and make sure, that the new system doesn't break anything. Just finished implementing it on Johnny Cage,tested him with other non MK chars and rewrote his fatality, that he will perform instead of the decap uppercut, if the opponent doesn't have the required decap animations.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2011, 02:05:51 pm »

Finally there will be compatible MK characters for mugen, I am very excited about that. I got tired of patching MKP characters that still create bugs.

I am glad to see Johnny's alternate fatality working. It's a giant leap forward to make fatalities work still.

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2011, 02:48:35 pm »

Finally there will be compatible MK characters for mugen, I am very excited about that. I got tired of patching MKP characters that still create bugs.

I never tried to patch MKP chars. It's almost more work, than to create your own MK chars  :D

I am glad to see Johnny's alternate fatality working. It's a giant leap forward to make fatalities work still.

Yeah, but there is still a downside to it: If your opponent doesn't have all required sprites, animations or hitboxes in that animations (and I am talking about the required sprites that are documented by elecbyte), the alternate Fatalities might not work or the opponent will just disapear from screen.

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2011, 08:22:15 am »

Update 04.07.2011

-only 3 chars left where I have to implement the new blood system
-fixed and tweaked some Moves and Fatalities
-added blood to Kano's Knife Throw, Johnny Cages Flying Uppercut and Goros Punch
-recoded Sonya's Fireball Fatality; the Fireball now flies in a circle before hitting the opponent
-new stage added: Scorpion's Lair
-added different music tracks for each stage that will play during "Finish-Him"
-added my first real stage-fatality!!!

Sonya punches KungFuMan out of the stages

and than he comes flying back down in the background and lands in the lava pool

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2011, 06:38:11 pm »

That looks fantastic, it really works XD

Also that is a shame because that is true, not all mugen characters contain the required/standard sprites but anyway I doubt people play them together that often. Some people delete the broken stuff or that's incompatible, but still it is a wonderful start to have it be more compatible.

I was saying before that MKP is not compatible at all so that is why I am happy to see your progress actually working in a fight against a non-mk fighter :P It's a major improvement over patched mkp creations that still crash lol :D

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:13 pm »

I have moved to a new Webserver over at Mugengermany.com and because of this, I can finally give you something to download:

MK1 Reptile

He has the following features:
Classic MK1 Moveset
2 Stances (switch it by pressing start while walking or standing)
Moveset is bound to stance
Fatalities from MK2 and MK3
Stage-Fatality for Scorpion's Lair

You can download him, aswell as some stages (including Scorpion's Lair) on my Homepage http://mkscratcher.mugengermany.com
(all downloads are now direct downloads!)
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:39:40 pm by Scratcher »

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2011, 05:32:10 pm »

Sorry about the bad news but when I opened the file I got an error message about archive error?

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2011, 03:05:26 am »

What Program did you use to unpack it? because over at mugen fighters guild, I allready got feedback, so people there could unpack it.

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2011, 06:12:14 am »

I used winrar

Maybe my download was interrupted from Germany :P
I'll try again

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2011, 06:45:57 am »

Ok, it should work.

Staubhold at MugenFightersGuild pointed out to me, that Reptile always had access to all 4 moves and just randomly switched his stance. This somehow got mixed up in my memories.
I made a little Fix. He now has access to all moves, while his stance will change randomly on his own.
I also fixed the little problem with his Ice Shot. Thanks to MelvanaInChains to point that out.
Here is an Update (extract the 3 files in this rar into the Reptile folder and overwrite the old one)
Reptile Update

Lucky Dearly

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2011, 10:33:16 pm »

wow this looks pretty cool

question, will it be easy to impliment compatibility for non mk mugen chars?

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2011, 09:42:32 am »

wow this looks pretty cool

question, will it be easy to impliment compatibility for non mk mugen chars?

Depends on how good you can handle making anims and sprites. If you read the sframes.txt that are included with my chars you can judge for your self if it's hard or not. Anyhow, I still make my chars do alternative Fatalities if non MK Chars don't have Fatality Sprites and Animations.

Now, another Char is available to download: Raiden
He also has new blood sprites, stage jingles for my stages, stage fatality for Scorpion's Lair and some small tweaks.

Go to my Website http://mkscratcher.mugengermany.com/ and refresh the page if you don't see any update.

EDIT:

Here is another Update:

Did a little change to the Fatality Script (this change is allready included with Raiden). Now you really have to win one round to be able to perform a Fatality. (Before that change, you could always perform a Fatality after the first round) Thanks to Juano16 for his little Fatality tutorials.

I also started redoing Reptiles Sprites, the colour of the old ones is a little off.

And finally I did a little work on a stage that I had started a long time ago (before MK9 was announced ^^):
The Courtyard Night (looks like Shang-Tsung got some visitors)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 02:26:19 pm by Scratcher »

AxKeeper

• Community Member
    • View Profile
    • MULTIVERSE
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2011, 10:21:28 pm »

Okay it finally worked after another download. There was a size difference :P

Perhaps you should make alternate hostings for your downloads? I recommend http://www.sharebee.com/, they'll allow multiple site uploads at once to make sure your stuff gets distributed.

Maybe the download stopped because the German hosting is pretty far away?

Anyway back on topic

This is a solid start on a release.

Right off the bat I really liked the intro scene with the reptile animation, really made it stand out from all the other remakes.

The blood work was very good, the animation worked well and it flowed very well in gameplay.

I pulled off the scorpion fatality with Reptile :P Usually i am bad at pulling of fatalities but thanks to the fatality time you created I got it done on the first try ;)

That's a PLUS :D

Some colors on the palette are still kinda mixed in the sprites but you're probably all ready aware of that. If still the problem can't be solved you can always look for sprite sheets that are all ready recolored with a palette.

Also you could add in some of the basic movement sounds to make it different from KFM's sounds so it sounds more complete.

I am not sure if you're going for accuracy but I'd like to see the stumbling backwards reaction when punching continuously. I noticed some custom sprite editing, at least I think it was custom and it looked pretty good and worked well to give a MK fighter the full dynamics of a standard mugen fighter.

All and all though

It's a very good release, it translates well in Mugen100, it would be great to see some updates soon. I look forward to testing out Raiden ;)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 10:23:38 pm by AxKeeper »

Scratcher

• Community Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2011, 12:36:50 pm »

This is a solid start on a release.

Right off the bat I really liked the intro scene with the reptile animation, really made it stand out from all the other remakes.

The blood work was very good, the animation worked well and it flowed very well in gameplay.

I pulled off the scorpion fatality with Reptile :P Usually i am bad at pulling of fatalities but thanks to the fatality time you created I got it done on the first try ;)

That's a PLUS :D

Thanks, I am glad you like it.  :)

Some colors on the palette are still kinda mixed in the sprites but you're probably all ready aware of that. If still the problem can't be solved you can always look for sprite sheets that are all ready recolored with a palette.

I am allready working on that and I am almost done. Here is a little pic to see the difference:

Also you could add in some of the basic movement sounds to make it different from KFM's sounds so it sounds more complete.
He allready uses all the movement sounds from MK1. The only sound from Mugen that you will here is when he falls onto the floor. I hope I can change that for a future update.

I am not sure if you're going for accuracy but I'd like to see the stumbling backwards reaction when punching continuously.
That's on my to do list. I also wanted to make this, but when I started, I wasn't good enough with coding. But now I feel I can pull this off.

Oh and I am also thinking about changing the Stage Fatality, so you can do it with an uppercut, instead of a key combo.

Pages: 1 [2] 3